SPOT THE BEE FLY ETC. ETC. UPDATE 12TH SEPTEMBER 2022
Here we are again with some new photographs and comments which are all very much appreciated. First up is Roger Hoyle with a fabulous selection of photographs, thank you Roger!
4th September from Roger Hoyle:
“Hi Mike and Jenny, here are a few pictures for the Bee Fly, all taken during our recent break in Devon.
1. The bee caught my attention as it was completely covered in pollen!
2. The Common Blue was at RHS Rosemoor.
3. This large fly/bee caught my eye. Searching on the internet it seems to be a large hoverfly. I didn't know there were so many different sizes and shapes of hoverfly.
4. The slick robin was at RHS Rosemoor.
5. This pristine Speckled Wood was seen on a woodland walk
6. The final is a spider on a wall - it was the shadow that caught my eye.
Best wishes, Roger.”